Extension Master Gardeners for Davie County Accepting Applications for 2023 Training
El inglés es el idioma de control de esta página. En la medida en que haya algún conflicto entre la traducción al inglés y la traducción, el inglés prevalece.
Al hacer clic en el enlace de traducción se activa un servicio de traducción gratuito para convertir la página al español. Al igual que con cualquier traducción por Internet, la conversión no es sensible al contexto y puede que no traduzca el texto en su significado original. NC State Extension no garantiza la exactitud del texto traducido. Por favor, tenga en cuenta que algunas aplicaciones y/o servicios pueden no funcionar como se espera cuando se traducen.
English is the controlling language of this page. To the extent there is any conflict between the English text and the translation, English controls.
Clicking on the translation link activates a free translation service to convert the page to Spanish. As with any Internet translation, the conversion is not context-sensitive and may not translate the text to its original meaning. NC State Extension does not guarantee the accuracy of the translated text. Please note that some applications and/or services may not function as expected when translated.Collapse ▲
Are you someone who loves gardening, wants to learn new things about plants and gardening, and is interested in making a difference in your community? Then being an Extension Master Gardener℠ Volunteer could be just the opportunity you are looking for. N.C. Cooperative Extension – Davie County Center will be offering initial training classes for Extension Master Gardener℠ Volunteers (EMGV) in early 2023. Extension Master Gardener℠ Volunteers receive specialized training in gardening. Among the training topics are soils, diagnosing plant problems, plant propagation, lawn care, and growing fruits, vegetables, trees, shrubs, and flowers. In return for training, EMGVs devote volunteer hours each year to community projects and educational outreach.
Some of the volunteer and outreach activities that the Extension Master Gardener℠ Volunteer Association of Davie County has done include:
- Planting and maintaining the pollinator garden at the Town of Mocksville Park
- Assisting and instructing in community gardens
- Public outreach and education at farmers markets and other events
- Planning and holding youth camps and having hands-on gardening activities at public school activities like Farm Animal Day
The next initial training classes will be held in January to early May 2023. The classes will be taught once a week on Thursdays, from 6:00 to 8:00 p.m. at the Davie County Cooperative Extension office, 642 Wilkesboro St., Mocksville and/or over Zoom. In order to apply to the program, you must:
- Attend an information session (See schedule below.). Information sessions will be held as a hybrid session of in-person and Zoom.
- Submit your application by October 28th. Applications will be given out at the information sessions.
- If you are selected, pay the $85 registration fee by December 15, 2022. This fee covers your training material.
Schedule of Information Sessions
- Thursday, September 15 – 6:00 – 7:00 p.m. Register through Eventbrite
- Thursday, September 29 – 6:00 – 7:00 p.m. Register through Eventbrite
- Thursday, October 13 – 6:00 – 7:00 p.m. Register through Eventbrite
If you have any questions about the info sessions or about being a Davie County Extension Master Gardener℠ Volunteer, please call Susan Hawkins at 336-753-6100 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.